Timeline item 14: 1895 - Charles James Phillips, well-known brewer, buys the estate. As the primary local employer, he donates the unusual four-faced clock to the church to ensure his workers arrive on time
Timeline item 11: 1827 - The Rev. William Sawyer moves into the hall with his sister Louisa. He rebuilds the stone church after a fire and continues to improve the village, building the reading room, school and '5 row' cottages.
Timeline item 09b: 1794 -Frances Bowater introduces Beethoven’s music to England when she hosts a performance of the String Trio in E flat. Her lavishly-renovated Old Dalby Hall is a centre for chamber music until the 1820s